Saturday, November 1, 2008

Phillies Win!

Well, my breakdown was wrong, and it's hard to imagine how I could have been more wrong. However, the Rays' series with the Red Sox must have broken the spirit as they weren't the same Rays as we saw all season long. I'm not sure how else to word it. I think they were mentally broken down, and just never recovered. Even with 48 hours between the 5th and 6th innings, they still couldn't get their minds back.

I'm also congratulating Philadelphia on pulling it off amongst high scrutiny that they NL didn't have a chance against the AL powerhouses, but Ryan Howard, Cole Hammels and Jimmy Rollins came through when it mattered, and Brad Lidge, once considered too risky by the Houston Astros, closes out the game by striking out Akinori Iwamura. Way to go Phillies, your 2008 World Series Champions.

No comments: